Sunday, December 22, 2013

Saving Mr. Banks and Lili Paw-pins!

Hello from Lili-Land. It's me Lili and have I got a treat for you.

A while back Tom, Hanks that is, picked up the phone and called me, Lili, begging me to do a quick cameo in his new film, Saving Mr. Banks.

I tried to turn him down. But really... who turns down Tom when he calls?




So, with a quick flick of my trusty flying umbrella I whisked myself off to Hollywood for one day of work on Mr. Banks. Tom was a dear and personally put me up in the Beverly Hills Hotel mostly because I love PINK, PINK, PINK.

And of course my BFF tagged along. Derek was a dear and made sure that the hotel staff provided me with everything I needed so that I could study my lines for the shoot later that week. 

As I was sunning myself by the pool I glanced over and wouldn't you know it. There was Meeko, he's a cat. "Why, Meeko, my dear, whatever are you doing here?" 

Meeko claimed he was there to only help Derek and offered to get me a drink from the Polo Lounge. I asked him for a Shirley Temple and told him to keep them coming. Meeko ordered a few for himself. He also order us a nice lunch of cold lobster and some very expensive dog treats.

Meeko is such a dear, I thought, untill I realized he was charging it all to MY room. 

Tom, Hanks that is, personally came over to the hotel after stopping the production that morning and tossed Meeko out of the hotel.

Derek and I laughed and laughed.




But back to more important matters. Saving Mr. Banks is one of the best movies of the year. I just adore Disney and that little mouse... what's his name? Oh, yes... MICKEY. He's a really star. Just like me.

See this film. It's touching, charming, fun, sad... it will make you cheer and laugh and weep all at the same time. I can't say much more than that.




Toodles from Lili-Land. More later.


Don't forget to read The Green Monkeys over at www.thegreenmonkeys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment