Friday, August 16, 2013

Smelling the Flowers in the Hamptons

Hello, all! IT's me, your favorite Hamptonite Blogger. Is that what I am? I thought I was a Princess... I am, I am. I am a Princess with a capital P.

I got out the door yesterday while Derek, my BFF, was visiting. He was napping in front of the television catching up on all the dreadful world news.

I came upon a flower I did not plant. Simply growing there with no help from me. A lone flower on the lawn. And it reminded me... about the little things we should be thankful for. All the fuss and the bother of everyday life... the hunt for a treat... worrying about  fleas... those nasty, little, yappy D-O-Gs living across the street.... it all washed away as I looked at that beautiful flower basking in the glorious summer sun.



It's leaves turned upward... it's color as bright as the morning sun. As bright as a pat of the most delicious butter. Hmmmm... I'm hungry. I think I could use a nice scone served with a hot cup of the Queen's Tea.

So, there I was contemplating life and all it's wonder. It's the simple things in life that matter.

Then... a bee stung me.

Nasty bee.

Have a sparkling day.

Don't forget to read The Green Monkeys everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment